Frequently Asked Questions
Addresses of mail.lv POP3 IMAP SMTP servers, general settings for e-mail programs
To set up the e-mail program you need the following information:
1. Your email address (mailbox name / e-mail address). This is the full name of your mailbox, including login, the "@" symbol and domain name.
For example: email@example.com it will be login
2. Address of the incoming mail server (IMAP/POP3 server): mx.mail.lv
POP3 = 110, POP3s SSL = 995;
IMAP4 = 143, IMAPs SSL = 993;
3. Address of the outgoing mail server (SMTP server): smtp.mail.lv
SMTP = 25
SMTP = 587 (STARTTLS).
SMTP server requires authentication for outgoing email sending.
In the settings of your email program, you must specify that the outgoing mail server uses:
SMTP PLAIN authentication
4. Username for the POP3 server - mailbox name without the domain and without "@" symbol.
For example, for the address firstname.lastname@example.org username is "login".
5. Password - the current password you use to log in to your mailbox.